Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Classic Challenge

I just signed up to do a reading reading challenge. You can find it at Sarah Reads Too Much. It runs from January till June. I'm not going to start till after graduation, but after that I should be able to rock and read.
You have to read one from each category.  If you have any suggestions let me know!!!

  1. A Banned Book
  2. A Book with a Wartime Setting (can be any war) (Little Women by Louisa May Alcott)
  3. A Pulitzer Prize (Fiction) Winner or Runner Up (Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides)
  4. A Children's/Young Adult Classic (The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett)
  5. 19th Century Classic  (Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen)
  6. 20th Century Classic (Age of Innocence, Edith Wharton)
  7. A Book you think should be considered a 21st Century Classic
  8. Re-Read a book from your High School/College Classes (Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck)

You can sign up at her blog or just do it on your own.

(Update: I've picked out my books. Red is to-be read and Purple is finished. The challenge got extended to December. I'm going to try to not duplicate with my book cover challenge.)

1 comment: